- Distance: 1858 miles / 2990.2 km
- Ride Time: 1 week (5-7 days)
- Approximate Fuel Costs: $141.21
- Countries Visited: Canada, United States
my proposed ride to calgary from london ontario. Im looking for feedback on this route. My constraints are that I need to pass through winnipeg (visit family) and Ill have between 4 and 6 days for the whole trip - not alot of sightseeing.
This is a motorcycle ride in the countries Canada, United States. This motorcycle route has additional scenery characteristics and other road conditions to help you plan your road trip. This motorcycle map was created by phoe2693 in April. Click here to see other Motorcycle Roads by phoe2693
Motorcycle ride scenery not available.
Best Time to Go
Best time to ride not available.
Road conditions for this motorcycle route not available.
Some comments about your route, note that I've ridden this (although West to East):
1) Although longer I prefer the route around the North of Superior. However, if you've already ridden this then you know and don't need to ride it again.
2) Make sure you go through Bimiji in Minnesota (home of Paul Bunyan and "Blue").
3) Your route is along the Trans Canada which is fine although you may run into traffic and you do have to be careful of the RCMP. Being from Alberta I run with my radar detector on all the time in case I accidentally exceed the speed limit while riding.
4) When I do my rides from Calgary out to Toronto and back, I usually go across Canada and then head back across the Northern states (route 20 or something similar). I generally swing south of lake Michigan and go due West heading through Sturgis and the sights around the black hills, then up through Montana, through Custers last stand etc. However, you can do that on the way back.
Fri Jan 11, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Ya know that the route from Winnipeg to Calgary is a ride through nothing. I did it last year coming back from Toad Rock. Its not the kind ride you want to do twice.
Up on the plains you can see for many miles and as far as you can see is a flat straight road stretched out in front of you. The only thing to do is to get gas and ride, get gas and ride, on and on. No turns. No hills. No trees.
Its almost meditative. A good way to clear your head but once is enough.
Fri Jan 11, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Loading the motorcycle route...
The best of the best. These folks have ridden and shared more roads than any other ORJ member this month.